Welcome to the CNS 2023 Thematic Conference
Advances in Nutrition Research and Practice:
From Identification to Treatment of Disordered Eating Behaviours
Lesley Moisey, PhD, RD - College of Pharmacy and Nutrition, University of Saskatchewan
Glenda Courtney-Martin, PhD, RD - Department of Clinical Dietetics, Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
This one-day conference has been designed with a goal to increase understanding and capacity of attendees who are challenged in providing needed care to individuals exhibiting disordered eating behaviours, or with diagnosed eating disorders.
Conference learning objectives:
By the end of this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Differentiate between disordered eating and eating disorder behaviours and diagnoses.
- Discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on eating disorder prevalence and treatment strategies.
- Recognize the disparities that currently exist in the provision of care and research in black/African, Indigenous, people of colour, and underrepresented populations.
- Describe various treatment modalities for individuals with disordered eating behaviours and eating disorders. Identify individuals with features of disordered eating and eating disorders and provide care and support, as appropriate.
- Identify programs, services and resources available for individuals with disordered eating or eating disorders in Canada
Presentations will be made by leading experts and will offer the latest research and connect what this evidence means for those guiding patients in health practice.
The CNS Thematic Conference provides a premier interdisciplinary platform that brings together multiple sectors within the nutrition community, including healthcare professionals, food and nutrition scientists, academia, industry, government and other not for profit organizations to exchange knowledge about the latest developments related to disordered eating behaviours.
#CNSThematic23 Download Flyer
VIEW THE CONFERENCE PROGRAM
Registration now open! In-person Toronto, ON (on-site) and virtual (livestream) registration options available.